After this, I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb. Revelation 7:9
Throughout the winter season at the ACP, we're inviting you to join us in nurturing and growing our love for one another as a diverse, multi-ethnic, cultural, and creedal community of faith.
We believe the God of our worship has an instinct for celebrating and loving people of diversity- people who begin to discover their unity in relation to Jesus. Yet, we also know that unity in Christ doesn't magically occur. It takes deliberate Spirit guided work to speak and to listen to one another's stories.
It takes the desire:
- To Take the Next Best Steps.
- To Be the Bridge.
- To be A Subversive Witness: (people willing to sacrifice privilege for the sake of another),
- To (verbally) Fight for Respect.
- To Be Whole and Reconciled.
God has given us one another to serve as an example to our kids, our community, and our world...showing them that Christ's Kingdom vision for living will make all the difference in experiencing life as God longs for us to know it.
We'll do our best to sort through some of the challenging questions. Questions like:
- What can we do to be more representative of our diversity in worship, education, and in leadership?
- What can we do to break through and break down barriers of misunderstandings?
- What can we do to envision together a church that is on the way (but not quite there) to being a clear reflection of that which God is inviting us to live and experience?
All of this will take committed conversation...conversation you're invited to be a part of. So please join us (primarily on-line) this winter!
- 18 January: Thurber Conversation with Grace Imathiu: Taking Our Next Best Steps Toward Being a Welcoming and Inclusive Community of Faith. .
- 26 January: Launch of Book Study: Be the Bridge: Pursuing God's Heart for Racial Reconciliation. .
- 1 February: Thurber Conversation with Dominique Gilliard: Subversive Witness: Scripture's Call to Leverage Privilege. .
- Being rescheduled. Film Night at ACP viewing Fighting for Respect: WWI African-Americans who fought for liberty in France and Equality at home.
- 15 March: Thurber Conversation with Al Tizon: Whole and Reconciled: Gospel, Church, and Mission in a Fractured World. .
Please join us for these opportunities to learn and grow throughout the winter season at ACP.