Thursday 14 December, 18h in the ACP Sanctuary
Everyone is invited to join us for a special service to remember the lives lost in the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT – USA on 14 December 2012 and other gun violence in the United States. All are welcome.
18h – Remembrance Service in the ACP Sanctuary
19h – Forum: Public Safety and Firearms (in the Theater next to the Sanctuary)
Moderator: Christopher Dickey, Author and Journalist
- Celeste Schenck, President of the American University of Paris
- Mark Ulfers, President of the American School of Paris
- Jeffrey Hawkins, Director American Library of Paris and retired American ambassador
By video from San Francisco:
- Robyn Thomas, Executive Director of the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Alexander Blumrosen, Democrats Abroad France (gun violence working group)
We plan to draft a resolution calling for common sense and reasonable regulation of firearms in the U.S., and after the event, send it to U.S. congressmen and Senators, the Giffords Law Center, and other interested parties.